top of page

Public opinion in High Lane first voiced the need for a Village Hall in the 1930s. Interrupted by war, fund-raising took until 1956 when a wooden building, costing £1650, sited on the present car park was opened.

Old Hall BW 1956H

The new brick-built Hall was erected on an adjacent site, leased from Stockport MBC, after the original building was demolished. Local fund-raising and insurance, with a balancing contribution from the National Lottery provided the £450,000 cost.

The new Hall has continued the tradition of providing quality, low-cost facilities ever since! The affordable hire rates are achieved by a completely voluntary committee managing the Hall.

Village Hall

The new building provides many more facilities for the community than the old hall.

     To make a Hall booking

        Email only Please.

  

linda.morton@hlvh.co.uk

 

Resize Wizard-1

THE HIGH LANE WAR MEMORIAL VILLAGE HALL

OPENED BY

THE CHAIRMAN OF MARPLE U.D.C 1ST SEPTEMBER 1956

H Burning Down H 25-11-1995

The Hall served well for 40 years before being damaged

by fire in 1995.

VH Opening 09-01-2001 36 HRH H

The first event held after the opening of the new Hall was a Millennium New Year party (a huge success!) and the Hall received Royal approval by HRH Princess Anne making the Official Opening early in 2001.

bottom of page